Have a Question?
How to install phpMyAdmin on the cPanel webhosting
Table of contents
phpMyAdmin only can be accessed from cPanel, but because of the many menus and logins, this can cause problems with usability. On the cPanel interface, you must create a subdomain name under one domain name.
- The subdomain name can be created on the cPanel interface under Subdomains. For example: phpmyadmin.domain_name.tld.
- The default main page layout for cPanel is the Softaculous installer at the bottom of the page. Click any of the icons in the Categories section.
- At the top right of the page that appears, type phpmyadmin in the search box, and then click phpMyAdmin in the search results that appear.
- At the top of the page, click Install now.
- From the second drop-down list, select the subdomain you created.
- Click the + sign next to Advanced Options.
- Select Auto Upgrade.
- Finally, click the Install button.
After installation, you can access phpMyAdmin from your browser. So you do not have to log in to the cPanel interface to access databases.