Have a Question?
DotRoll free hosting
Table of contents
If you buy a domain from DotRoll Kft, you can use a 50 MB static storage space free of charge. This means that the dynamic-based system (forum, content manager, blog) cannot be operated from this repository, however, we can store our pages created in raw HTML, with editors if necessary.
Set the FTP password
- Log in to the page, then click Domains in the top menu bar
- Select the My Domains submenu from the drop-down menu
- Then click the wrench icon at the end of the line.
- In the Manage box at the top left of the page, click Free Hosting option
- On the page that appears, enter:
- the password for the FTP user
- repeat the password
- Select the checkbox next to I have read and agree to the Terms of Service.
- Finally, click the save button.
Connect to the FTP server
After saving, you can connect to the FTP server after specifying the following settings:
FTP server address: free.dotroll.com
FTP port: 21
FTP user name: enter the domain name for which you have previously set up Free Hosting.
FTP password: the previously set password.
Supported FTP client programs:
- Total Commander
Displaying uploaded content in the browser
In order for the content uploaded to the hosting to appear in the browser, you must change the current A and / or WWW A record in the DNS settings for that domain name.
- To change your DNS settings, click Manage DNS in the Manage box on the domain name data sheet.
- On the page that appears, find the plain Park record for the domain name and click Delete, in case you want your domain name to display the same content with and without the www prefix, then click the Delete button for the Park record starting with *.
- Then double-click the Add button in the lower right corner of the page
- Select Freeweb from the drop-down list in the third column.
- In the first field on the bottom row, enter the * prefix, and in the third column, select Freeweb.
- Finally, use the Save Changes button to save the configuration.