Have a Question?
Create a SFTP connection with FileZilla client
On cPaneles servers, it is only possible to establish an SFTP connection with the FTP user associated with the hosting ID.
Remove a password from the private key and set the key in FileZilla
In the next step, click Edit / Preferences… in the top menu bar.
In the popup window, click SFTP in the list on the left, then click Add Key File… button.
Browse to the created private key file and confirm the warning with OK button.
Enter the password that you entered when creating the key, and then click OK button.
The private key will then appear in the Secret Keys list. Click Ok to close the window.
Creating the connection
In the top menu bar of FileZilla, click File / Favorite Places… or press CTRL+S.
In the popup window, click the New Station button.
Then name the conection and enter the following information:
- Address: hostingID.loginssl.com
- Port: Here you need to enter the port number of the SFTP protocol, which is shown in Figure 22
- Protocol: Select SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol here
- Logon Type: Here you must select the Interactive option
- User name: Your hostingID
As a last step, click Connect.